Here’s an advert from the Leicester journal The Wyvern on 18 August 1893 for the Farmers and Cleveland Dairies’ Co Ltd, 34 Belgrave Gate and 130 Charnwood Street, Leicester. It’s an interesting reminder of the days when health and safety regulations were not as strict as they later became and an assurance of good hygiene could actually be a selling point:
Under Strict Sanitary Supervision
Established for the Sale of High-Class Dairy Produce
Pure New Milk delivered at any part of the town
soon after milking.
Fresh churned butter made daily by experienced dairymaids.
New laid eggs fresh from our farms.
Ices fresh daily.